Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stashbusting

This is my first entry into the real world of stashbusting, where someone is going find out how much fabric I have. I already know that I have too much fabric. There is fabric in the sewing room and now there are tubs living on my pantry shelves in the unfinished side of the basement. I have not purchased any fabric in about 3 weeks but I am open to fabric gifts. I inherited my sister's stash when she gave up quilting for painting and drawing.

Week 1
Fabric purchased: 0 yds
Fabric used: 0 yds
Total fabric:0 yds

So far so good for 2010. I need to shop from stash before I shop anywhere else. I am currently working on a Kid's Komfort quilt using some 2.5 x 4.5 pieces I found on a shelf in my sewing room. Also have found a hand quilting project in a bag. And I promised my sister to finish the first leg of our JK project this week. Check out Judy L's blog to see what everyone else is up to.

In stitches,

Judy K

4 comments:

floribunda said...

Hi Judy -- you left me a comment about the Friday Block Party, but you're blogger account is set to "no reply"... it's easier for people to respond to comments if you change that in your profile! The block party is very informal -- check out the blog and then you can send an email to Hetty if you want to be able to post your photos there. The address is:
http://fridayblockparty.blogspot.com/

Have fun!

hetty said...

Hi Judy, I am not very computer savvy, but if you go to 'customize' on your blog you will see the heading 'settings'. Click on that and then on 'comments'. Scroll down to where it says 'comment notivication e-mail'. Put your email address in the box. I think that is how you do it. If it still doesn't work, I will ask someone else. As soon as I hear from you I will add you to our Party.

hetty said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you.... Anyone with an FAD Fabric Acquisition Disorder, is definitely welcome at our Party!

the writer said...

Hi Judy, thank you for the note on my post. . I couldn't response because you are set as "no reply".

Good luck with your stashbusting. . . I have a basement that is 1/2 full of fabric & yarn so I know exactly what you are talking about with the stash.

But, 2010 seems like a good time to get some of it busted!

Have fun!