Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessings!!

Last October we got news at work that our department was closing the end of January 2011. We did get extended through the end of February. I quit to take another job in December. That job fell through and I went back to my old job as a temp. No benefits just me paying Cobra. Yeah!! Friday we got news that our department is staying open indefinitely!!!! And my boss is getting me reinstated with benefits and my seniority. When I left I had been there for 4.5 years. I am so blessed. Of course, the overtime is killing us. Mandatory overtime of at least 13 hours a week. More if you want it.



I did a bit of unsewing yesterday. I am still working on UFO #6 and I had sewn some of that wrong. But it is all ripped out and the next time I get to sew I will be back on track. Just a few weeks behind. Oh well. 

Had a wonderful time yesterday with my sister, Karen. {Hi Karen}. We went to reopening of a JoAnn's fabric in her neighborhood. I am now the proud owner of a spool of thread for the above quilt and some new ear wires for a pair of earrings. She got fabric for her flannel quilt, a new rotary cutter, some yarn, a crotchet hook, and some hand sewing needles to do her red work embroidery. We had such a good time. It was cold, sunny and NOT snowing!!

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: