Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Santa's Elves are quilting

 



The sewing machine is out of hiding. It was put away because of the houseful here for Thanksgiving. It is upstairs in the dining room where I have two tables put together and I am machine quilting on the big red square. I have under estimated the amount of thread I will need for this project. I have wound 6 bobbins and used 3 of them and have used an entire spool of thread and still have a ways to go. Perhaps a stop at JoAnn's after work would be in order. I will be back at the sewing machine again after work today. I am hoping by Friday night to have the machine quilting done and then onto other projects for our Friday night crafting get together. 

Jennifer and I will be welcoming a new friend to the Friday night crafting get together. Nicole {Hi Nicole} used to work with us and has moved on to bigger and better things. She will be joining us with her crocheting. I will be working on my bags and Jennifer will be working on her flowers or quilting on her big red square as she is making the same secret quilt for Christmas. 

I am meeting with a gal at work to finalize a quilt that I will be making for her for Christmas. It will be a quilt using show ribbons. Her daughter used to show horses and has many ribbons that I will incorporate into a quilted throw. I have never done this and I am always up for a challenge!!

I am off to get ready for work. I was off Monday and that makes for a short week for me!!!

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: