Friday, December 23, 2011

It's a wrap

Today is wrapping day. I will move my sewing machine from the table next to my desk and set up a wrapping station. The first thing in the morning the calls are dead and I will be able to get my meager amount of wrapping done. Then I will set up my mat, rotary cutter and ruler and start cutting the pieces for my piano key border for my contest quilt. Tomorrow will be a sewing day. I have to work tomorrow and I am pretty sure that we will get very few calls.

My kids and grand puppy are leaving NYC today for the drive to Ohio. Their first stop with be with my son's father in Dayton for some much needed rest before journeying to my mom's house tomorrow for Christmas Eve festivities. This will be the first year in a long time that a dog will be joining us. Normally it is babies that we have joining us. And this year is no exception. It will be my nephew, Neil's first Christmas. He is almost 6 months old. He gets Christmas presents and a dog. Oh wow!!

Took both of my contest quilts to my support meeting last night. The ugly one in my eyes got rave reviews and one gentleman in the group wanted to take it's pictures. Most people were drawn the ugly quilt. At this stage the revised quilt is quite tame but I know the piano key borders will wake it up. I am happier with the revised quilt and that is all that matters.

I must fire up EQ7 quickly and then gather up my wrapping stuff and get one the phones for the onslaught of calls that will be coming my way! Have a great day.

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: