Sunday, November 25, 2012

Welcome Home

Today I stopped and picked up my sewing machine. I am so glad to have it back. I have two other machines and I could have used either one of them to sew with, but the Bernina is my favorite.
I also took back the fabric for my grand daughter's Christmas dress. I had purchased red crushed panne and I exchanged it for cream crushed panne. I still need to get the measurements from my daughter in law and some kind of embellishment for the waist.


I also stopped in a quilt shop in my area. I had never been there and it was little hard to find. I found the back entrance and a sign on the front of the building. It was have been nice if either the sign or the gal I spoke to one the phone had mentioned they were on the lower level. My knees bother me and I went up and down the stairs twice first to the upper level and then to the lower level. I got this pattern. Looks like something I will start in 2013.

   I did get to do a little bit of sewing this afternoon. I made 6 dog scarves. Three of each color. My neighbor has three rescue dogs and they grace her Christmas card every year and need a new scarf every year. It is a quick and easy project to make.

In stitches,
Judy

1 comment:

sophie said...

After moving to Santa Fe, I learned that the nearest Bernina dealer is more than an hour away, in Albuquerque. Fortunately for me, they make "same day appointments" for machine maintenance–otherwise, I would never want to let it go. It's crazy how much I value machines that make perfect stitches like my little Bernina. I completely understand how happy you must be to have it back.