Sunday, November 18, 2012

That Project

We all have "that project", you know what I mean. That project that you find reasons not to finish. I have one of those projects. I should tell you that I love hand piecing and hand quilting. I have a hanger in my living room that needed a new wall hanging. I had found some bland scraps in the sewing room and I added some yellow fabric to it and made some unequal nine patch blocks. Four blocks across and five rows down, very simple. It has been over a year since I have started this simple project and I have to force myself to work on it. So yesterday I pulled it out yet again and worked on it. Saturdays are slow at work and I thought this would be the perfect project. All the blocks are sewn into rows and two rows were sewn to each other. And a third row was partially sewn to the two rows. I finished that row and partially sewed the fourth row. I was on a roll!! I have picked out the border fabric and I had dreams of starting the hand quilting. But today I took my little project with me to our Thanksgiving celebration at my sister's. And because I am trying to find reasons not to finish this project, my quilt project in tucked safely in drawer in my sister's house. I will see her in a couple of weeks and I will get my project back.

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: