Monday, November 22, 2010

My Thanksgiving Progress

I am hosting 17 people for Thanksgiving this year. New this year is a crawler. Now I need to baby proof the living room! Not such a hard task. I am also working on fun stuff for the 4 to 8 year olds to do. Today I am painting mini black flashlights for the girls. One will be pink, one will be purple and one will be aqua. My mom is providing the camo flashlight her grandson. The basement/sewing room will be kids central. We will have a table and blanket for tenting. Legos and crayons, paper, and coloring books. And movies if all else fails. They should have a good time.






Jennifer was here for  Friday Night sewing and we worked on the sewing room. We can see the carpeting!! I have a bit more to do around the computer and run the sweeper. It is amazing. I also have to finish one more floor pillow. It needs a bit of stuffing and then close it up.

I need to hang a picture in the dining room. It is a cross stitch sampler I did years ago. I took it down last year to paint the dining and it has not made it back on the wall. And of course the cooking will be starting today. I am making my pie crust today for the cherry pie for my ex-husband. His birthday is the day before Thanksgiving and he will be here celebrating with us. Our son and daughter in law are going to be in from New York and it is easier for everyone to include his father.

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: