Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day with my sister



Today I spent the day with my sister, Karen. {Hi Karen!} I went to her house to see her new sewing machine and to work out the bugs she was having with it. I got that under control and she was able to sew all the rows together for the rag quilt she is making for her daughter for Christmas. She will now spent the next several weeks snipping the entire thing. I got to try out her new machine by mending her hubby's work shirt. It sews wonderfully!!

While she sewed I finished the hand stitching of binding on two quilts.


This one from the movie "Cars".




And this one from the hidden treasures in my sewing room.


We also took a walk and this picture is from the bridge near her house. The picture at the top of this post is the ornamental pear trees in my neighborhood. They are gorgeous this time of the year.







This is going to be part of the centerpiece for my table at Thanksgiving. Notice, Karen, these are the silver cups you gave me. Don't they make attractive containers.

In stiches,
Judy

No comments: