Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 Challenge

I am signing up for a challenge in 2012. The NewFO challenge. Start something new every month in 2012 and you don't even have to finish it. Now this is something I can get into. There are a bunch of things I would like to start and this seems like a perfect opportunity.

1. Purple Back Pack. I have actually already started this project this month. I have cut some of my stash for this project. I seem to be on track so far. I would like to try and finish this project by the end of the month.

2. Christmas quilt. I have made two quilts so far from this pattern and I really like it. It takes 480- 3" squares and I am using Christmas fabric for this. I have the red fabric purchased for this project but it is not yet cut into the squares and rectangles needed for this quilt. I have purchased a package of replacement blades for my rotary cutter, so I am ready.

3. Shopping bags. I am trying to go "green" and use my own shopping bags when I go to the store. I have strips cut for these bags. I just need to put them together. I am thinking about making at least 6 bags. Another stash busting project.

4. I have three spots in my house where I hang smallish quilts seasonally. I would like to start a new quilt for each season for all three locations. Some locations already have a good variety quilts others not so much.

5. Tablerunners. I have the fabric to make table runners for myself and my mom, and my sisters. This would be a perfect opportunity to make something pretty for everyone. Not sure how many if any I would be able to finish.

Check out all the other brave souls at Cat Patches NewFO challenge .

I am sure that I will add and subtract things on this list as 2012 goes along, but I am thinking this is a good start.

In stitches,
Judy

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful, Judy. I'm so glad you will be joining us. Did you know you are a no-reply blogger? If you want to change that, send me an email, and I'll tell you how.

FeatherDuster said...

MAKE myself start something new every month? That challenge I could do!

karen said...

that sounds up your alley. a good motivator to do some things you are thinking about. did you find out how not to be a no reply blogger? just curious.