I am signing up for a challenge in 2012. The NewFO challenge. Start something new every month in 2012 and you don't even have to finish it. Now this is something I can get into. There are a bunch of things I would like to start and this seems like a perfect opportunity.
1. Purple Back Pack. I have actually already started this project this month. I have cut some of my stash for this project. I seem to be on track so far. I would like to try and finish this project by the end of the month.
2. Christmas quilt. I have made two quilts so far from this pattern and I really like it. It takes 480- 3" squares and I am using Christmas fabric for this. I have the red fabric purchased for this project but it is not yet cut into the squares and rectangles needed for this quilt. I have purchased a package of replacement blades for my rotary cutter, so I am ready.
3. Shopping bags. I am trying to go "green" and use my own shopping bags when I go to the store. I have strips cut for these bags. I just need to put them together. I am thinking about making at least 6 bags. Another stash busting project.
4. I have three spots in my house where I hang smallish quilts seasonally. I would like to start a new quilt for each season for all three locations. Some locations already have a good variety quilts others not so much.
5. Tablerunners. I have the fabric to make table runners for myself and my mom, and my sisters. This would be a perfect opportunity to make something pretty for everyone. Not sure how many if any I would be able to finish.
Check out all the other brave souls at Cat Patches NewFO challenge .
I am sure that I will add and subtract things on this list as 2012 goes along, but I am thinking this is a good start.