Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday stuff

It was a busy day today, but I got bunches accomplished. I worked 8 hours today not really overtime as I missed Wednesday. I went to JoAnn's to pick up a little more fabric because of a cutting mistake I made last night, then on to the grocery store, home to make dinner, some laundry and then cutting and ultimately some sewing. I have finished all 24 blocks for my snowball baby quilt. I have 20 nine patch blocks to make tomorrow.


Here are the blocks.




And here is a close up of where I sewed 1/4" away from the first stitching to make half square triangles out of  what would ususally go in the trash. I will have 96 half square triangle units for the next quilt. Proving my point, that you never really finish a quilt you just provide "starter" for the next quilt.



Here is my Moonflower plants. They are huge and taking over my deck. Last year it took over my deck and a chair. So far my chair is safe.



Here is one almost ready to bloom.




And here is one growing through my deck floor.

In stitches,
Judy

1 comment:

Lori said...

i LOVE moonflowers. I couldn't find any seed this spring so didn't plant any--but have a package saved for next year.