Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I have found my limit





Recently I was diagnosed with Lupus and it has settled in my bone and joints. I am feeling pretty good right now but I am having trouble finding my limits. I found that after doing the Shop Hop you should not try working overtime. Ten hour days are hard on my body. I did a 10 hours yesterday and I was able to meet with my small quilting group. I did 10 more hours today and I came home and sat like a blob. No sewing was done.

I did design a quilt using the leftovers from the baby quilt I am working on. I had to redesign it as it was way too big and I was missing one block. On the bright side I will have a second quilt from the leftovers and it will different from any thing else I have done in a long time. It is always nice to get out of one's box.



This is one of the first quilts I made.This is before they licensed fabrics and I picked up this Cincinnati Reds fabric for a song at Ben Franklin and I made this Rail Fence quilt for my son while he was on his 8th grade class in 1996. He was so surprised to find this on his bed when he got back from Washington, D.C.  When I was in New York this past March for my birthday, I was able to take pictures of it. The quilt on the top of the page I made much later and it also lives in New York with my daughter-in-law. It's an Irish Chain.

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: