Sunday, July 25, 2010

What I did this weekend....


Sounds kind of corny, like the first day of school. I spent Saturday with my sisters. We went antiquing in Waynesville. I was the only person spending money. I stopped at the Fabric Shack and bought 6 pieces of fabric for my 30's print quilt. Patty was without children and Karen was off for the weekend. Of course, the weather was hot and humid and the heat index was over 100 degrees. From left to right, Patty, Becky, and Karen taking my picture!!!









And on Sunday I worked on a quilt for a gal at work. It is for her daughter who is about 14 months old. It is based on the memory tiles in the memory game. I will have pictures tomorrow of  that quilt.

I also went to my mom's for dinner. My sister, Becky did the cooking and it was yummy. I also spoke to my son twice. Once to see how he was doing and the second time, to check on our Thanksgiving plans. It's almost 100 degrees outside, who is thinking of turkey and dressing? My son and his wife are in New York City and they were checking airline prices. It looks like I won't have to make a late night airport run this year. It looks like they will be flying into Dayton, Ohio and his dad can get them. I am not going to think about Thanksgiving until at least after Labor Day.


In stitches,
Judy

1 comment:

Vicki H. said...

Sounds like a lovely day with family, and my favorite antiques. The heat not so much for me. Our grown kid is talking about the holidays too but I am too focused on making the most of the last month of summer to think about that!!