Friday, February 24, 2012

Sewing

I have been sewing! I am making reusable grocery bags using scraps of fabric. And I have bunches of scraps. I am trying to use just the scraps that are upstairs with sewing machine. I should be able to make 4 shopping bags before I run out of scraps from the upstairs. I am also cutting the interfacing backs out of  the 90 circles for my daughter in law's quilt. Nothing new on the Orange Crush design. That will be a weekend project.

It is Friday in Lent and it is meatless. I go meatless at lot on a regular basis but it seems to be harder during Lent. I do not like fish or sea food and fried food is not a good food choice for me. So a Lenten Fish Fry is out of the question. So today I will make Black Bean Chili using TVP . It adds protein and I use it a lot when I am cooking. I put it in my mini crock pot and let it cook all afternoon and it will be ready to eat after work.

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: