Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Baby quilt update

I would like to say the baby quilt is all done and the baby next door is enjoying the quilt but that would be a lie. I have never had so much trouble making a quilt. I have sewn several blocks wrong and have become great friends with my seam ripper. So now the blocks are all done and I am ready to assemble the top. I originally decided on purple cornerstones. Can you obnoxious. I made a quick trip to Joann's last night and now I am on track again.

I ordered dining chairs from Amazon and it looks like they will be here in time for Thanksgiving. I won't be hosting the dinner here but it would be nice to have chairs that are not broken when we eat our other meals. I have been cleaning and decluttering a bit. I am on schedule for the arrival of my family from Brooklyn, including my grand dog, Frankie. Should be a wonderful visit all around.
 I need to get a few more things done before I start work in an hour. The sewing for today is to make new covers for my throw pillows on the sofa. I am using my brown and teal quilt and the orange plaid homespun covers will clash. And after that it will be working on the baby quilt.

In stitches,
Judy

1 comment:

Terry said...

I love your brown and teal quilt! It's gorgeous! :0)