Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stuff

It has been a most wonderful weekend. Mine is Sunday and Monday. Sunday I took a class with Darlene Zimmerman. I took the Finishing School class and if you ever get a chance to take this class, go for it. I learned so much. Darlene is a hands on teacher and very patience. You are not making a project but making samples to use on your next quilt or one of the many UFO's that are hiding in your sewing room. I have a UFO that is going to get a new lease on life with scallops!

Yesterday I did a road trip with my mom and my sister, Karen. We meandered thru the hills of Boone County Kentucky checking out the quilt barns. They were awesome. We stopped at the Dinsmore Farm for lunch. There was a quilt block on a barn on the property. We had a great time!! My sister was in charge of programming my Garmin and she was forever yelling at the Garmin lady. It was a hoot.

Today is planting day. I have flats of begonias to get in the ground. I have 6 pots that need to be spray painted green and planted with marigolds for my porch steps. I still have weeding to do and mulch to put down. And my work week starts later today.

In stitches.
Judy

No comments: