Saturday, May 28, 2011

The weekend so far!!

Last night was craft night at my house. Sadly, Nicole had to work and was unable to attend. Jennifer and I did a field trip. We went to both JoAnn Fabrics and Hancock's. I got a full bolt of elastic off the Notion's Wall at JoAnn for bag handles and Jennifer got a gob of thread. She was on the prowl for bright colors and she found quite a bit at both stores.

I showed Jennifer the fun use of Triangulations. She is already thinking about doing pinwheels, one of her favorite blocks to make. I also shared the blocks that I have constructed for my sister's baby quilt. I am hoping to finish it this weekend. 

We are still looking for sunshine. It was promised for yesterday but it did not show up. I am hoping for some sun but it would make moving mulch a lot easier if there is not a lot of sun.

Off to spend the day with my sister, Karen. Heaven knows what we will get into today. Then back to spent some time with my mom tonight. Hand piecing will rule tonight. I am chugging along on my hand piecing project. It is almost done. Then I will need to layer it and hand quilt it. I am hoping to get it done in time to enter it in the local fair this summer. 

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: