Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sewing

Tomorrow is hump day sewing day at my house. Nicole and Jennifer are both coming over to sew. Nicole is going to be making a  simple dress and I imagine Jennifer will be working on her homespun quilt. I will be supervising the dress making. I may do some sewing on my hand piecing project or my bags. I am not sure at this point.

I have been playing with Triangulations. I am making gobs of half square triangles for a quilt called "Don't Break Bread into Your Soup" from Country Threads goes to Charm School. Instead of doing this pattern as a scrap quilt which is my favorite, I am doing it  as a patriotic wall hanging for my landing. The background will be red and I am using a red, white, and blue print for the scrappy part of the design. I am hoping to have it done and hung by end of the month.

 
I pulled out Challenge #9 and it is my scrap log cabin. Are we seeing a pattern here. I adore scrappy.  I pieced this years ago and I have found some strawberry fabric in my stash that was a gift from my friend, Roberta. Strawberry fabric is not my favorite but if it's free it's for me. And the monochromatic color this month is red. And that is a good thing. My sister did a redwork piece for me and I have the whole wall hanging all planned out in my head. It is going to be awesome considering the talent of my sister. I will post pictures soon!!

In stitches,

Judy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually do not leave many remarks, but i did a few searching and wound up here "Sewing".

And I do have 2 questions for you if you usually do not
mind. Could it be just me or does it look like
some of the responses appear as if they are coming from brain dead visitors?

:-P And, if you are posting at additional online social
sites, I'd like to follow everything new you have to post. Would you make a list of all of all your community sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

Also visit my weblog - acoustic guitar chords for beginners