Friday, March 19, 2010

Art quilts




Almost a year ago my sister challenged me to do an "Art Quilt". Not that is something that is way out of my comfort zone. But never one to back down from a challenge, I did an art quilt. Above is my rendition of an art quilt. It started out as a Forest Gump challenge at our guild, the box of chocolate thing with various pieces of fabric and trim and we could add our own fabric to it. Then I used bleach and common household items to lift the color out of the black fabric, I used lots of beads including hand beading my fringe. And you know, that after I finished the quilt I was hooked.



So I found this book months ago at Michael's and with my bonus money from work I bought it last night. I am excited about trying some of the techniques in this book. You will hear more about those experiences in later posts.




I have a basket with ivy in it on my front door and I try and change it seasonally or for the holidays. Last night I picked up some spring flowers and arranged them this morning, We have been told that spring starts tomorrow and that we should have snow showers on Monday. This is spring in Ohio and it is not unexpected.

Hope everyone does some sewing this weekend and enjoys the first day of spring!!!

In stitches,

Judy

No comments: