Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July! My computer is having issues and I have borrowed a computer for this update. It has been a very busy couple of weeks leading up to the holiday. I have been working on my yard. I still have small mountain of mulch to put down in the flower beds. I had to give up yard work in favor of house work. My son, his wife, her mom, and their puppy came for the long weekend. It has been a wonderful time. We went shopping at the outlet mall. Everyone seemed to looking for jeans.  I ended up with a wonderful red watering can for my flowers. 


We went visiting to see my sister who just had a baby on Monday. Neal was born last Monday. We went to see my mom and my sister and every one seemed to enjoy the dog. We had a wonderful dinner of stuffed shells, salad, and chocolate raspberry truffle pie. The kids have gone to a party and I went to Carillon Bell concert. No trip to the area is complete without a trip to Jungle Jim's International Food Market. 

All too soon this will end. Nick and his family will be leaving in the morning for the 13 hour trip to New York City and I have signed up for overtime for the next two days. 9am to 9pm. Not so bad, especially since I am  working from home. 


Have not gotten much sewing done this week. But I am hoping to get busy with my machine this week. Of course, there is still yard work to be done. I would like to be able to put the car in the garage but I need to move the mulch first.


In stitches,
Judy

No comments: