Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Moving right along

I had big plans to sew yesterday. I had to work and I knew we would not be busy and as long as I am tethered to my phone, I can sew. I was going to cut out my flannel nightgown on New Year's Eve and sew it up yesterday. That did not happen. I spent most of Monday in various airports and the grocery store once I got back to Ohio. I was too tired to do much of anything once I got home.

My goal in 2013 is to up my stash. I bought most of the fabric in my stash and at one point I must have liked it. So I am going to work at using the fabric that is living in my stash. There is not much money in my budget for new fabric.

First on the agenda is a Christmas quilt for my bed. It seems like starting in January is a good idea. Starting closer to Christmas is not a good idea. I found a bunch of 2.5" squares of Christmas fabric in a bag. I think they were cut out either just before or just after the divorce in 1997. I have also located the extra yardage in my stash. So I have started working on assembling the quilt.

Next will be a Christmas wall hanging for my living room using the Lil Twister ruler. I won some charm squares before Christmas and I will use them. The colors are more modern and I have found a piece of fabric in my stash for the border.

And the last thing on my list for January is a charity quilt for our guild's Kid's Komfort project. My goal is to finish and turn in a quilt every month we have a meeting. The January meeting is coming up on Monday and I want to have a quilt ready to turn in. I need to get busy!!

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: