Tuesday, June 5, 2012

life

Life seems to have a way of putting up road blocks whenever I want to sew. I have lupus and a touch of arthritis and the arthritis is rearing its ugly head and bothering my fingers. I am having other health issues with swelling and am working on getting that checked out. I still like my new shift but I am tired before the shift is over.

I have been hand quilting on my wall hanging, have gotten fabric for a patriotic wall hanging for the spot in the basement landing, and I am still working on my Saturday blocks. I think I need 90 blocks and I have 35 blocks in various stages of being done.

I have given up on the mowing of my yard for the time being. I have weeded the front flower bed in anticipation of receiving some plants from my sister. The other front flower bed and part of the side yard still need some attention as well as the back bed. I have been trying to start Moon Flowers from seed and this year it is not working. I will try one more packet of seeds and hope for the best. If not, there is always next year. I am going to put some marigold seeds in the pots going down the front steps and see what happens. I have planted 50 Impatien plants and they are looking good!!

Time to get things ready for work. I have a few more things to do before I turn on the work computer and start my shortened work week. I am taking off Saturday for a concert in the park that my sister is playing in. Picnic in the park and good music and a three day weekend!!

In stitches,
Judy

No comments: