Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekends are too short

 

Weekends are too short. I am working 6 days a week, 9 hours a day!! I keep hearing how nice the money is, but one day does not make a weekend. It was a very busy, short day. I worked on the clutter and dishes in my kitchen, went to the grocery, went to Jungle Jim's to pick up a few things for the gals at work, went to a memorial service for my sister-in-law, did a load of laundry and now I am hoping to get upstairs to the sewing room and UFO #6. I am exhausted.

Tomorrow I start my new shift at work. I am supposed to go in 90 minutes later and still do an hour of overtime. I am going to go in the regular time and get my notes together. We go live on the phones tomorrow. It should be interesting!! We still have not heard if we are being extended. As far as we know, we are closing in 25 days. We should have more information tomorrow. I am busily applying for jobs. The limbo at work is so stressful and the stress makes my lupus act up. It is in my bones and joints and I hurt today.


We are anticipating yet another winter storm this week. It is supposed to include ice this time along with snow. I still have not gotten all the snow off my driveway from the last storm. If we get ice and snow I am staying home and sewing. I am not risking live and limb to get to work. I won't get paid but I will not drive in the ice. I do not mind driving in the snow. I have my car ready for the weather. Blanket, shovel, broom, overnight bag, melting compound, and a full tank of gas. I need to throw in a few bottles of water and I should be set. 


Have a great week!! When is spring coming?!!




 

No comments: